The days of scouting and casting models via Instagram and other social media platforms are well and truly upon us. With a huge Fashion Community out there and some dedicated sharing hashtags (#OOTD anyone?), it’s no wonder model agencies have turned their attentions to these platforms to source talent. There are now dedicated apps such as Feels and InstaModel where wannabe models can submit their home-styled looks to be approved by a casting director and even tag in brands for their seal of approval too, now Sapphires Model Management in London are getting in on the act by launching a model competition with the first round of entries conducted purely via Instagram and Twitter.
Want To Know More?
One lucky male and female have the chance to win big in modelling with Sapphires Model Management and FMS Magazine. UK based entrants are welcome to enter the competition to win a one-year contract with top London boutique modelling agency, Sapphires Model Management (clients including Topshop, Vivienne Westwood, Victoria Beckham and Urban Outfitters) and a fashion shoot with one of the coolest publications out there: FMS Magazine – an international platform that weaves together the best of fashion and music, showcasing both up-and-coming and established talent from around the globe. FMS Magazine’s predecessor, FASHION.MUSIC.STYLE was one of the first places to feature artists such as Ellie Goulding, Anna Calvi and Tribes.
The photo shoot will be filmed and aired on FMS-mag.com and Sapphires Model Management and shared across all social media channels.
How Do I Enter?
1. Entrants should send a recent clear photograph of themselves (the photograph can be no more than 6 months old) and submit it via Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #FMSxSapphires.
2. Entrants should be a minimum of 5’9 for gals, 5’11 for guys.
3. Entrants under 18 years of age need to have prior parental or legal guardian consent.
4. Entrants must not be currently signed with a modelling agency.
5. Sapphires will then contact you to get your email address if you’re lucky enough to move on to round two. For the full lowdown on the competition, visit the online terms and conditions page.
Neely Reyes, founder of Sapphires and also a blogger for Huffington Post and a judge of the WGSN Global Fashion Awards says, “We’re excited to launch a model competition with FMS Magazine. We’re always on the search for amazing new faces and to be able to offer the winners a photo shoot and the added exposure will be great.”
Sarah Hardy, publisher of FMS Magazine adds, “FMS is very happy to be collaborating with Sapphires on a model competition, and looking forward to working with the winners on their first shoot!”
So, what are you waiting for?! Get snapping, fame and fortune awaits!